About Marco's Pizza
Headquartered in Toledo,OH,Marco’s Pizza (Marco’s Franchising, LLC) is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on the number of stores signed into development since 2007). Marco's was founded by native Italian, Pasquale "Pat" Giammarco, and is committed to making Ah!thentic Italian pizza with fresh ingredients. The company has grown from its roots as a beloved Ohio brand to operate more than 470 stores in 33 states, and the Bahamas. In the summer of 2014 Peurto Rico is slated to open the first of many Marco's there. Marco's is now recognized as one of the top-performing restaurant franchises in the country.
Marco’s Pizza founder Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco moved to the U.S. from Italy when he was nine years old and grew up working in his family’s pizzeria. He later embarked on a mission to make high quality pizza on a larger scale using a secret sauce recipe that he developed and refined with his father.
Giammarco established three standards in order to deliver the consistent levels of quality and freshness expected of Marco’s products: dough made fresh daily in each store; a proprietary sauce recipe that blends imported spices and three types of vine-ripened tomatoes; and an exclusive blend of three fresh cheeses (never frozen, unlike many pizza chains).
The first Marco's Pizza store opened in Toledo in 1978. Gradually, stores opened throughout the Midwest and beyond. The Marco’s Pizza menu broadened as well, to include hot sub sandwiches, salads and Cheezybread for carryout and delivery.
Today, there are more than 470 franchised and company-managed Marco’s Pizza stores.
Facts and Figures
In 2013 Marco's Pizza added 109 new stores and as of March 2014, has over 470 stores in 33 states, doubling in size over the last five years. More than 1500 new Marco's locations are on their way, which means the company will quadruple its store count in the next few years.
- Marco's Pizza employs close to 10,000 people in 33 states including: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Marco's also operates in the Bahamas.
- Jack Butorac, President & CEO
- Dave Black, Executive Vice President of Operations
- Cameron Cummins, Vice President of Franchise Marketing & Recruitment
- Mike Jaynes, Vice President of Sales & Product Integrity
- Bryon Stephens, Vice President of New Business Development
- Jim Strachan, Vice President of Operations
- Ken Switzer, Vice President and CFO
- Don Vlcek, Vice President of Purchasing
- Cathy Hull, Chief Marketing Officer
Media Contact Information
New Franchise Contact