About Marco's Pizza
Headquartered in Toledo,OH,Marco’s Pizza (Marco’s Franchising, LLC) is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on the number of stores signed into development since 2007). Marco's was founded by Pasquale "Pat" Giammarco and is committed to making Ah!thentic Italian pizza with fresh ingredients. The company has grown from its roots as a beloved Ohio brand to operate more than 400 stores in 30 states, and the Bahamas and Panama. Marco's is now recognized as one of the top-performing restaurant franchises in the country.
Marco’s Pizza founder Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco moved to the U.S. from Italy when he was nine years old and grew up working in his family’s pizzeria. He later embarked on a mission to make high quality pizza on a larger scale using a secret sauce recipe that he developed and refined with his father.
Giammarco established three standards in order to deliver the consistent levels of quality and freshness expected of Marco’s products: dough made fresh daily in each store; a proprietary sauce recipe that blends imported spices and three types of vine-ripened tomatoes; and an exclusive blend of three fresh cheeses (never frozen, unlike many pizza chains).
The first Marco's Pizza store opened in Toledo in 1978. Gradually, stores opened throughout the Midwest and beyond. The Marco’s Pizza menu broadened as well, to include hot sub sandwiches, salads and Cheezybread for carryout and delivery.
Today, there are more than 340 franchised and company-managed Marco’s Pizza stores in 29 states, Panama, and the Bahamas.
Facts and Figures
- In 2012 Marco's Pizza equaled its record of opening 61 stores in one year, and is on track to open over 100 new stores in 2013.
- More than 1500 new Marco's locations have been signed, which means the company will quadruple its store count in the coming years.
- Marco's Pizza operates stores in 30 states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Marco's also operates in the Bahamas and Panama.
- Marco's has approximately 5,000 system employees and 70 corporate employees.
- Jack Butorac, President & CEO
- Dave Black, Executive Vice President of Operations
- Cameron Cummins, Vice President of Franchise Marketing & Recruitment
- Mike Jaynes, Vice President of Sales & Product Integrity
- Bryon Stephens, Vice President of New Business Development
- Jim Strachan, Vice President of Operations
- Ken Switzer, Vice President and CFO
- Don Vlcek, Vice President of Purchasing
- Cathy Hull, Chief Marketing Officer
Media Contact Information
New Franchise Contact